Certified Workplace Mediator Program
200 Hours of Study
(textbooks not included)
Contact us with questions. If you prefer to pay over the phone, please call Genna Murphy directly at 303-862-0289.
Whether you are looking to improve your soft skills and conflict resolution abilities in the workplace, at home, or in private practice, the Mediators Without Borders Certified Mediator and Conflict Resolution Specialist Program is for you. In this highly comprehensive Program, you will learn how to effectively help others negotiate and collaborate through the most difficult disputes. This Program provides training in the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for mediation combined with an applied practice that includes simulated role plays. The course concludes with a portion on Workplace Conflict Resolution to prepare you to mediate the most common workplace disputes.
Students who successfully complete this program, may choose to sit for the Certified Mediator and Arbitrator exam after completion of the add on course, In Accord Arbitration.
Upon successful completion of the Program, you may choose to submit an application to an existing Mediators Without Borders Centers to be considered to work as a professionally Certified Mediator and Arbitrator or as a professional Interviewer. This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers
In this program you will learn how to do the following:
- Articulate the use of the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for use in mediation
- Examine the Three Phases and Four Stages of the InAccord® model
- Explore the pre-interview and post interview phases of the InAccord® mediation model
- Apply the Touchstone Skills of questioning, reflecting, and reframing to simulated mediation cases
- Apply InAccord® surveys to simulated cases and analyze the results
- Examine and apply the InAccord® model to the most common Workplace Disputes
This dynamic conflict resolution Program provides you with the knowledge, skills, and practice hours to become a professional Mediator and Conflict Resolution Specialist. These core skills can help you advance in your current career or begin an encore career as a professional Mediator in private practice. The Program includes skill building in areas such as communication skills, negotiation, and facilitation, all using the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for mediation and conflict resolution. You will learn the three phases that are used in the InAccord® model, the pre-Interview, the mediation procedure, and the post-interview. Then you can apply this knowledge in simulated role plays focused on Workplace and Commercial Disputes.
This program provides online discussions and critical analysis papers to help deepen your understanding of conflict resolution and the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model. This program also provides web based role play opportunities that allow you to practice your skills with other students, in addition to a mentor to guide you and answer any questions you may have pertaining to the curriculum and the practice of mediation.
Upon successful completion of the Program, you may choose to submit an application to be considered for the Mediators Without Borders referral network.
Upon registering, you are given an initial six (6) months to complete the program. Should you need more time beyond the six (6) months, an extension of six (6) months is available for a fee of $199.
- Justice and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Overview of InAccord® Conflict Analysis Model
- Phases and Stages of the InAccord® Conflict Analysis Model
- The Touchstone Skills Part I
- The Touchstone Skills Part II
- Crafting the Memorandum of Agreement
- Special Issues In Mediation
- Legal Processes and Ethics
- InAccord® Conflict Analysis in Practice
- Touchstone Skills in Practice
- InAccord® Demo Practice
- Facilitating InAccord® Phase Two, Stage 1 Interventions
- Facilitating the InAccord® Caucus
- InAccord® Phase Two, Stages 2 & 3 Interventions
- InAccord® Phase Two, Stage 4 Interventions
- Ethical Dilemmas and Mitigation
Workplace Mediation Certificate
- Overview of Workplace Conflict Resolution
- InAccord® Conflict Analysis model applied Workplace Disputes
- Law and Workplace Conflict
- Workplace Discrimination
- Termination and Other Employee Disputes
- Labor and Union Disputes
- Workplace Violence
- Ethics in the Resolution of Workplace Disputes
Mediation and Arbitration Certification Exam
At the conclusion of the three course program, students may elect to sit for the Mediators Without Borders Professional Certification Exam. This exam has been created by the Mediators Without Borders team with the assistance of the Center for Educational Measurement. The exam is part of a three part certification program which also includes case logs and document submissions. The exam covers arbitration which can be taken as an independent course.
There are no pre-requisites for this program. Skills at using a computer browser and Microsoft Word are necessary to complete the assignments and navigate the online campus. Students should have basic computer skills and be comfortable navigating the Internet and using e-mail. Students must be willing to learn to write at a professional level in order to generate contracts and fulfill various written tasks related to mediation.